Last updated: December 1, 2017.
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
Personal Information You Provide Us
“Personal Information” means data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. Here are some examples of Personal Information that you provide to us through the Site:
- Account Information: To facilitate your use of our services, we ask you to create an account. We collect your name, home address, email address, phone number, and payment information when you sign up for an account.
- Profile Questionnaires: To assist you in finding a housemate with similar interests, we ask you to complete a Profile Questionnaire that asks questions concerning your basic likes and dislikes, information about your home, and general qualities you prefer in a roommate, etc.
- Communications with Potential Matches: If you send messages to potential matches through our Site, we securely and confidentially process such messages only for the purpose of facilitating your communication.
- Customer Support Inquiries: If you contact us for technical assistance in using our services, we may collect Personal Information from you necessary to troubleshoot and address technical difficulties you are experiencing.
Information We Collect Automatically
Whenever you interact with the Site (whether via a browser, an app, or otherwise), we automatically receive and record information from your browser. Other information collected automatically may include your IP address, the type of browser or application you are using to access the Site, and the identity of the Site page or feature you are requesting. We may use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, and gather broad demographic data for aggregate use. We may also collect information regarding the device(s) you use to access or use the Site.
We use various technologies to help us collect and analyze this type of information. We may use “cookies” or other tracking technologies (e.g., “web beacons,” “single-pixel” or “clear” GIFs) to track how you use the Site. A cookie is a file stored on your computer or device to uniquely identify your device or to store information or settings on your device. We use Google Analytics, a service that helps us analyze the traffic on our Site. For more information on Google Analytics’ processing of Personal Information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.”
We may also engage one or more third party service providers to provide online advertisements on our behalf. They may use a pixel tag or other similar technology to collect information about your visits to sites, and they may use that information to send you targeted advertisements.
2. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
OCH does not sell your Personal Information. We may disclose information collected through the Site with the following categories of recipients and for the following purposes:
- Other Users on the Site: Just as we provide you with information regarding potential housemate matches on the Site, we may provide information you supply in the Profile Questionnaire to other Site users. With your express permission, we may also provide your phone number to another user (i.e., a potential match) on the Site to enable you to connect with a potential match.
- Affiliates and Acquiring/Acquired Businesses: As we grow our business, we may buy, merge, or partner with other companies or businesses and in so doing, acquire or transfer information. Your information, including Personal Information, collected through the Site may be among the transferred business assets in a merger or acquisition. In addition, we may share Personal Information with our affiliates to facilitate business efficiency in providing you with our services.
- Service Providers: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf. We may share Personal Information with them to help us provide services to you.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts: We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our legal or other rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of a user or any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity.
3. E-MAIL COMMUNICATIONS
The e-mail address you provide during the Site registration process will be the e-mail address we will use for all Site-related communications to you. We may also send you messages via the Site. If you would like to opt-out of receiving messages from us in the future, please e-mail Communications@OddCouplesHousing.Com with the opt-out request.
4. PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
While we use commercially reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing our files or tampering with the Site, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will always be successful. We cannot and do not guarantee the total privacy or security of any information you transmit through the Site.
Protecting your account login credentials (i.e. your username and password) from unauthorized access is your responsibility. We recommend you log out after accessing your account, change your password on a periodic basis, and limit access to your computer or device and its browser.
5. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND TRACKING
6. USERS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
7. NO CHILDREN
This Site is not for use by children. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information from a child, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
8. CORRECTING, UPDATING, ACCESSING, OR REMOVING PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California law permits users that are residents of California to request the following information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year; (ii) the identity of certain third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year; and (iii) examples of the products or services marketed (if we have that information). If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at MyInformation@OddCouplesHousing.com.