Over the past few months, we’ve met fantastic homeowners and young people and made some outstanding roommate matches, but we’ve also been busy behind the scenes. By now, you’ve probably heard (or noticed) that we have made some exciting changes to our website and have a brand new app. We can’t wait for you to explore!
Where to Start?
While we recommend checking out our guides for seekers and homeowners and our FAQ section, the best way to get a feel for the Odd Couples Housing experience is to create your profile. With your profile, you’ll be able to answer questions about your living situation and your preferences for a roommate, and see who else is looking to get matched! Click here to get started.
Our Tech Journey
Since launching our first successful inter-generational roommate match in October 2018, Odd Couples Housing has been expanding in the St. Louis area. As we made more and more matches, we began to realize that our technological capabilities couldn’t keep up with the variety and quality of services we want to provide our users. Our team is great at a lot of things, but the knitty-gritty work of website development is a little out of our wheelhouse. Enter the Sigla team.
Sigla is a St. Louis-based technology and venture building firm that specializes in working with innovative start-ups. They understand where we are and where we’re going. The Sigla team members have been fabulous partners and collaborators and have helped us transform our website and build the app! Like us, Sigla is dedicated to making sure that Odd Couples Housing users are at the forefront.
As Steve Lilly, our CEO said, “Our goal with this new website is not just to improve the user experience for our participants, but also to provide a better understanding for our visitors of who we are and how we work. We want everyone to understand the importance of bringing generations together, whether they’re participating in our program or not.”
So, what is so great about this new site? Here are some of our favorite features:
- A clear and comprehensive description of the matching process
- Account capabilities that allow users to edit their profiles to facilitate matches
- Easy to use call-to-action text buttons
- This blog, where you can stay up to date on the latest Odd Couples Housing news or get relevant information on intergenerational living
- Integrated social media buttons for connecting with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- We know this isn’t exactly website-related, but we are so thrilled about the Odd Couples Housing mobile app, we couldn’t leave it out! With the app, you can access all of your Odd Couples Housing info, wherever you are!
We are proud of our new site and app, and we know that it will help us serve you better. We can’t wait to see what our second year of roommate matching has in store, for us and you! We hope you have as much fun exploring our new technology as we had creating it!